Temp to Perm IT position available
The IT specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, programs Fire Department Radios and provides technical advice and support to multiple system users.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and two way radios on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services, information systems groups, radio system users and building access control suppliers
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.