The Delivery Associate’s (commonly referred to as a Driver or DA) primary role is to pick up orders from the distribution hub/warehouse and deliver to the customer/end-user. This requires the Delivery Associate to view their schedules and in most cases, sign up for shifts electronically and use other electronic tools for communication with the hub and supervisors. Drivers are issued a company equipment at the beginning of their shift and are responsible for proper care and use. Delivery Associates are required to use their own personal vehicles to make deliveries if they decide to work the PM shift, which starts from 3:00 – 9 PM. Also, there is an option to work from 8 AM to 6:30 PM, where company Cargo Van will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned).
• Engage in regular attendance as scheduled
• Communicate with Scoobeez site leadership and our client to acquire orders for delivery.
• Ensure assigned deliveries are made in a timely manner based on protocol
• Interact with customers/end-users in a courteous and professional manner.
• Comply with all company rules and policies
• Any other duties as assigned by management.
RECOMM KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE
• EDUCATION: Entry level – no minimum education required.
• EXPERIENCE: YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• Motor Vehicle Operation / Driving 2 years
SKILLS NECESSARY FOR JOB PERFORMANCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient using electronic tools to input information and gather and interpret information. Well versed with a variety of mobile applications for timekeeping, scheduling, and order processing purposes (When I Work app, etc.). Knowledge of e-mail systems as an additional form of communication; accomplished skill at navigating the Internet for information retrieval.
• Able to understand (read and speak) the English language.
• Demonstrated ability to show initiative and to be a self-motivated, innovative, and independent thinker.
• Strong organizational, time management and planning skills with the proven ability to re-prioritize as needed using sound judgment. Maintain a high degree of professionalism, especially when working under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
• Experience providing customer service to the public.
• Requires employee to maintain a current and valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
• Use of personal vehicle required for PM shift.
• Requires open availability, 7 days per week.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES DESIRED
• Integrity, Accountability, Initiative, Teamwork, Energetic, Ethical, Goal Oriented.
WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH POSITION
• Job duties will require use of general office equipment including computer.
• Physical Demands % of Time
• Standing 10
• Walking 20
• Sitting 75
• Climbing 10
• Stooping -0-
• Crouching -0-
• Reaching -0-
• Handling 100
• Speaking 50
• Hearing 100
• Seeing 100
• Lifting/carrying 40 lb.
• Pushing/pulling 40 lb.
• Familiarity with navigating a vehicle through a metro area to make deliveries to residential and industrial customers.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS % of the time
• Within the Company 20
• With Outside Vendors/Services/Clients 80
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
• INDEPENDENT: Interprets existing procedures, follows traffic laws.