The Brake Squad is a mobile brake repair service company serving northern Virginia. We provide a convenient service at our customer’s home or workplace at an affordable price using top quality parts to ensure our customers are completely satisfied. Our unique service saves our customers time and money while providing quality brake repair when and where our customer wants to receive the service.
We are honest, knowledgeable, professional, respectful, dependable, and community-minded. We are looking for a full-time employee with the same values to join our team.
About the Job
As a Customer Care Specialist, your role is to primarily interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. You will also manage back office tasks to keep brake specialists productive and office work flowing smoothly.
The Brake Squad is open 8am to 7pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 3pm on Saturdays. We are closed on Sunday. The schedule for this position is primarily Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm however, there will be occasional needs for work in the evenings and Saturday to cover for other specialists’ vacation time.
You must have a basic knowledge of brakes and general automotive repair. Training will be provided.
- Confer with customers by phone to provide information about our services, sell services, schedule appointments, provide quotes on services, answer questions, gather details of complaints, resolve customer issues
- Update customer relationship management system, keep records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as scheduling warranty work, refunding money, or adjusting bills
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated team members for further investigation
- Organize marketing events to promote business
- Respond to emails, requests for information, manage the inbox
- Track company vehicle maintenance, registration, taxes and ensure all are up to date
- Send requested information to bookkeepers, CPA, business owners and other partners
- Manage office functions including, but not limited to, product ordering, process management, process improvement, filing, data entry
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars including managing the schedules of brake specialists
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases
- Other tasks as requested
This position is a work-from-home position with the exception of one day per week when they will work in the office located in Fairfax. The Customer Care Specialist must work from a home office full equipped with the following tools:
|Computer will be provided by the company
|Cell phone will be provided by the company
|High speed, reliable internet
|Dedicated work space with ability to securely store company documents and information
|Printer, copier and scanner
Knowledge and Skills
- 5 years experience working in an automotive Parts Dept, Dealership, Repair Shop, Military Work Related to Autos/Trucks, etc. OR an AS Degree in Automotive Technology plus two years work experience
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to succeed
- Must be honest, knowledgeable, professional, respectful, and dependable
- Must have great customer service and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to manage time well and work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely manner while maintaining high quality output
- Be able to reliably and successfully work in an independent work environment
- Must have good problem solving and customer service skills as well as a solid work ethic
- Must be coachable. Solicits feedback from managers, peers and customers to improve personal skills, interactions, processes and self-development. Also, must take constructive feedback well and implements suggested changes
- Demonstrated experience in applying business principles of planning, resource allocation, process management, process improvement, documentation, marketing and sales techniques
- Demonstrated experience in successfully negotiating, using judgment and decision making skills and relationship building skills
- Must be able to type 50 words per minute
- Must be fluent in English and be easily understood and heard over the phone
- Be drug-free and pass drug tests conducted randomly
Bonus Skills: Experience in any of the following areas: Sales, automotive parts or tool store, used or new car sales, office management.
Candidates must pass written and practical exams as well as successfully complete a 30 day on the job training and probation period in order to be hired permanently.
Location: Fairfax County
Compensation: $15/hour, 40 hours a week