As a Mechanical Engineer, you own the development of high quality and innovative products from design concept to release for production. The position requires a self-driven, creative engineer to design products and drive development in a fast paced, friendly, and supportive team environment. The position requires a demonstrated capability of Mechanical Design, must have excellent team and project management skills, and have a strong sense of urgency in order to support product development and engineering efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties or functions may be performed as assigned.
- Design experience with plastic injection molding required.
- Creates and maintains documentation for product history files. Responsible for maintaining accurate design and drawing archives and revision history (Windchill).
- Design products from initial concept and for modifications of existing products with guidance.
- Design Products using Creo Parametric 3D modeling software.
- Documents and reports testing outcomes.
- Use various 3D printing technologies and shop tools to create prototypes.
- Create customer facing documentation for sales support, renderings, Specification sheets, etc.
- Design products from initial concept and for modifications of existing products with little guidance.
- Manage changing priorities and deadlines.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Perform basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Remain up to date on industry trends.
- Responsible for Project Development Teams deadline requirements for assigned task.
- Support Product Assurance group to create QA procedures and documentation for production.
- Utilize Windchill product data management system.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in the design, construction, test, and validation of test equipment.
- Detailing specifications for parts, testing and assembly. Prepare plans, layouts, assembly drawings, detail drawings and sketches as required.
- Lead and train Associate Engineers
- Setting up Project Plans, Gantt Charts and SOW’s on a per project basis.
- Technical ability to design advanced products manufactured via Injection molding, die casting, machining, forming and stamping.
- Understands the capability of general shop equipment: such as welders, drill press, mills, lathe, solder station, and surface grinder.
Knowledge and Technical Skill Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Be able to communicate effectively while working in a team environment.
- Must have advanced math skills and reading comprehension.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and application software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suites).
- Self-starter and a team player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to setup, maintain, and use 3D Printers
- Basic Electronic theory.
- Ability to troubleshoot 3D printers
- Advanced knowledge of injection molding, machining and metal forming processes.
- At least 3 years of experience with CAD design application (CreO Parametric).
- Design for manufacturability experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent; and 2+ years industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position does not require certificates, licenses, or registrations; however, a certification of CAD proficiency would be beneficial.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements and repetitive lifting of minimal weight. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment has a normal level of office sound. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required to customer installations, or test sites, or other locations to support design efforts. Estimated travel 10%.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Vanguard Protex Global is a drug-free workplace.