LightSpeed Networks, Inc., dba LS Networks, is seeking a full time Construction Manager for immediate hire. The Construction Manager will work out of our Redmond, OR office and the candidate will ideally live in Central Oregon.
Since its inception eleven years ago, LS Networks has excelled in its mission to bring high quality Internet connections to rural & traditionally under-served communities in Oregon and has even expanded into Washington and California. LS Networks is in the unique position to offer individuals an opportunity to advance their careers with stability unknown to most tech start-ups, but with a level of autonomy and respect for innovation older companies and government agencies often lack.
LS Networks offers an excellent benefits package; new employees are eligible for complete medical & dental coverage after their first full month and for long term care and life insurance after 90 days, all at no cost to the employee for single coverage. Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees after 90 days of employment, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation. LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
The following provides a summary of those essential tasks to be completed by the Construction Manager, as well as the skills, abilities, education and/or experience we are seeking in candidates for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of underground and aerial construction teams and sub-contractors.
- Provide direct employee management of internal construction team members including annual performance reviews, training, and professional development opportunities.
- Understand project budgets and timing and possess the ability to manage both while producing quality workmanship.
- Directly interfaces with customers, subcontractors, jurisdictional authorities and interoffice personnel. Supports customer meetings as necessary which requires in person meetings and travel to client and/or construction sites.
- Managing relationship with jurisdictional and ROW contacts such as cities, counties and railroads. Establish and maintain close working relationships with underlying rights groups to identify and prepare encroachment permitting and franchise agreements.
- Work with OSP procurement to validate project bill of materials and receive / account for incoming inventory.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of connectivity solutions and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
- Inspect construction work for quality and compliance with initial design plans.
- Provide timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal service orders.
- Provides specialized telecommunications construction expertise in the following areas:
- Aerial construction and compliance with NESC
- Underground construction methods including plow, trench, drill and rock excavation
- Building entry techniques and interior cable/conduit installation methods
- Fiber optic splicing and splice management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Underground Construction and Aerial placement of fiber optic cable.
- Proficiency with NESC construction practices, Microsoft Office, and Google Earth.
- Must be able to understand and read construction blueprints.
- Must be able to manage multiple construction schedules in parallel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, construction and delivery.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- Perform site surveys and attend field meetings as required.
- Overnight and/or extended stay travel required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in customer service and/or interpersonal engagements.
- Ability to solve problems in real time while dealing with multiple competing demands
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 10 years in the telecommunications industry within outside plant construction.
- Minimum of 5 years as a lineman or as part of an aerial construction team.
- Minimum of 5 years as a construction supervisor or management role.
- Previous work experience with workflow management, warehouse inventory systems and order management is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education. Some college or work towards a college degree a plus.
The Construction Manager will work out of our Redmond, OR office and the candidate will ideally live in Central Oregon.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements to HR@LSNetworks.net with your name and the job title in the subject line.