LightSpeed Networks, Inc., dba LS Networks, is seeking a full time Field Technician for immediate hire. We are a telecommunications company headquartered in downtown Portland, with an office in Redmond. The current opening is for Central Oregon and the candidate will need to live in Central Oregon.
Since its inception twelve years ago, LS Networks has excelled in its mission to bring high quality Internet connections to rural & traditionally under-served communities in Oregon and has even expanded into Washington and California. LS Networks is in the unique position to offer individuals an opportunity to advance their careers with stability unknown to most tech start-ups, but with a level of autonomy and respect for innovation older companies and government agencies often lack.
LS Networks offers an excellent benefits package; new employees are eligible for complete medical & dental coverage after their first full month and for long term care and life insurance after 90 days, all at no cost to the employee for single coverage. Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees after 90 days of employment, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation. LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
The following provides a summary of those essential tasks to be completed by the Field Technician as well as the skills, abilities, education and/or experience we are seeking in candidates for the position.
- Installation of equipment for residential and small business DSL and fiber optic based telecommunication services.
- Installation of all necessary equipment to support provider network.
- Troubleshoot, in coordination with NOC operators, issues relating to physical plant, equipment failures, power, and device configurations.
- Respond to both emergency and non-emergency NOC and OSP dispatch requests to facilitate customer provisioning, fault isolation, and cable plant locates and marking.
- Maintain adequate inventory of plant piece parts necessary for new customer provisioning or sparing of existing asset.
- Install new, pre-terminated fiber cable, to include in-office fiber cross-connects and connections from pole-mounted distribution boxes to a customer buildings.
- Assist NOC operator with the configuration and turn-up of customer circuits including knowledge of PC internet troubleshooting and equipment craft interfaces and syntax.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi, DS0, OSI model, basic Ethernet circuits & AC/DC power grounding principles.
- Familiar with Telco color code and 568B cable terminations.
- Proficient with cable punch-down and wire wrap.
- Familiar with basic PC troubleshooting and fiber-optic transmission principles.
- Ability to organize work day and account for time.
- Must be able to successfully pass a detailed background check and be bondable.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and/or Experience
- 2 years of related experience.
The current opening is for Central Oregon and the candidate will need to live in Central Oregon.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements to HR@LSNetworks.net with your name and the job title in the subject line.