Job Description: Operations Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for direct oversight of manufacturing, installation and purchasing, and have a close interaction with other departments such as design, project management, accounting, and estimating. You will be in charge of Environmental, Health and Safety for the company. You will be responsible for keeping eyes on the shop floor at all times, and maintaining the proper inventory flow. You will oversee training for the shop.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day shop output safely, efficiently with top quality and on-time delivery
- Ensure as last layer of defense that all signs are structurally solid, quality lighting, serviceable, easily installable and easily transportable
- Oversee that all products are shipped out in their entirety with all necessary components
- Maintain professional feedback loop with Estimating, Technical Design, Project Management, and accounting to improve processes
- Select, interview and hire staff as required to build the best manufacturing and install team
- Train and grow existing employees to build the best manufacturing and install team
- Maintain accurate inventory account and material tracking at all times
- Maintain accurate labor allocation and tracking at all times
- Maintain and organize a clean shop as best as possible considering the size
- Maintain and utilize Keyedin for reporting to management, capacity planning and inventory tracking
- Work closely with ownership to constantly improve the manufacturing process and cost efficiency of the shop
- Oversee purchasing to make sure Cima is buying at the most efficient and cost effect manner for all raw material goods.
- Maintain Environmental, Health and Safety compliance for the company.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of sign manufacturing management experience
- Undergraduate or technical school degree in related fields or equivalent in experience
- Have an understanding of computers, technology and ERP software
- Have an understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations and reporting.
- Work with Human Resources on training programs for shop employees.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to handle pressure situations
- Work in fast pace environment
- Must be able to multi task and stay organized
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Skills in prioritizing assignments and stellar organizational skills
- Manage and motivate shop and install personnel at peak efficiency
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical shop conditions: generally protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. you may be working with saws, welding equipment, or grinders. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles, you may be working with saws, welding equipment, or grinders. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; work with their hands handle, or feel, whether in an office environment or the shop. They will be using their hands to be directly manipulating components or using controls on an assembly machine. Employee must be able to talk or hear over shop noise. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply please send your resume and contact info to email@example.com Also please check out our website and blogs at www.cimanetwork.com to see who we are.
Cima Network is an Equal Opportunity employer