We are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our growing Service team and support the next generation of our technology. The position requires extensive travel in U.S. and Canada, and a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate is a hands-on problem solver, working independently, with significant experience in machines and computers. The goal is to drive machine installation and service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
They must be at ease working in a travel environment with little supervision, and embody a passion for continuous improvement and development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish professional rapport with customer at machine installation by reviewing machine requirements with them; completing installation of machine and software; performing acceptance tests and training of personnel.
- Serve existing accounts by analyzing customers’ technical issues remotely; planning work and travel schedule; investigating technical issues on-site; resolving problems and performing tests.
- Troubleshoot, repair, test and service technical equipment; machinery and product specific training supplied.
- Work with controls and drives manufactured by NUM, Yaskawa, B&R, Siemens and others.
- Work with CAD/CAM, optimization and control software written by various companies.
- Provide applications training to customers, including proper use of tooling to achieve desired machining result.
- Maintains rapport with customers by suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Recommends the purchase of services upgrades, tooling and spare parts to customers.
- Supports customers remotely by telephone, email and remote assistance, as applicable.
- Documents installation and service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Keeps up with current Bavelloni products and equipment.
- Cooperates with technical team and share information across the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s Degree in electromechanical, automation or robotics, or equivalent civilian or military experience.
- Able to work under pressure and in an environment where priorities change frequently.
- Possess 1 to 2 years of experience in a hands-on Electro-mechanical environment.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical, electronic, software pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, reference manuals, and assembly systems instruction guides.
- Excellent communication skills in English language, as the position requires the training of customers.
- A candidate fluent in English and Spanish would be optimal.
- Must possess, or able to obtain U.S. Passport.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and an interesting career opportunity in an international environment of high quality investment goods.
Qualified candidates only, should send a resume with salary history by email to John.Lontz@Bavelloni.com