Cinder is looking for a Procurement Sourcing Specialist to fill a role for our client in Portland, OR. This is a full time, 40 hours per week opportunity, with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
The successful candidate is responsible for global sourcing within an assigned indirect spend category, to include negotiation of prices and contracts with vendors, purchase products, and conduct spend and general cost analysis. Provide general pricing leadership and spending efficiency, always searching for optimum value for goods and services and giving due consideration to Price, Quality, Logistics, Innovation and Risk.
- Establish and grow domestic and international supplier relationships to ensure optimum value for goods and services
- Secure and analyze quotes, prices, terms and contracts and make recommendations with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for Supplier Performance Evaluation
- Execute a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach to all procurement activities
- Research market prices and trends, quality issues, engineering developments, manufacturing method improvements and recommend direction
- Work closely with global supply chain leadership to advance Company’s worldwide inventory control parameters for assigned products and services, consistent with global supply chain goals
- 3+ years of indirect spend procurement experience with emphasis in manufacturing and distribution
- In-depth knowledge of procurement processes and practices
- Proficient in working with approved vendors, finding new qualified sources, negotiating contracts and conducting supplier risk assessments and evaluations based on the individual business scenario
- Experienced in negotiating with national and international suppliers
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with SAP or other Tier 1 ERP software is preferred; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated openness to change and the ability to manage complexities in a timely, professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain management, or related field
- Supply Chain or Procurement Management Certification (APICS, CSCP, CPIM, etc.)
- Eligible for domestic and international travel several times per year up to two weeks’ in duration
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, able to collaborate with teams who are globally dispersed
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now at http://www.cinderstaffing.com/ !!
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Beaverton, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!