Our goal isn’t to be the biggest contractor in the Northwest, it’s to be the best. We are interested more in quality than quantity, a desire to excel as a team of people who all believe that a commitment to customer service is crucial and that each of us has a contribution that is key to our company’s success. Our mission and guiding philosophy as a leading northwest contractor is to consistently produce the highest quality product while building lasting relationships with our clients and our employees. Benefits package includes: 401(k) and Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holidays, Medical and Dental
Form carpenters layout, measure, and cut materials to build forms for pouring concrete to construct foundations, cast in place and tilt up walls and other concrete structures. This position may also tie steel for reinforcements and assist in concrete placement. Other carpentry and labor tasks may also be assigned.
Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses extensive working knowledge of power tools, equipment and various construction materials
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from basic and routine sketches, blueprints, specifications, and construction drawings
- Possesses the ability to set up and use a laser level to establish and check elevations
- Ability to operate or be trained in the operation of a scissor lift, self-propelled aerial platform lift, and a reach forklift
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of weather condition with exposure to the elements
- Ability to walk over rough, uneven or slippery surfaces
- Ability to climb stairs or ladders
- Must be capable of working in a variety of physical positions which include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting, walking and driving
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move or position objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
General and Employment Requirements
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must have reliable transportation to and from projects of varying locations
- Must be able to start work at different times of the day and work overtime as required
- May be assigned to work shifts that include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively with those contacted in the course of work
- Must be able to receive work direction
- Must work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment
- Must possess the ability for follow written and verbal instruction.
- Must possess the ability to understand and follow established safety rules and regulations to assist in maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Must possess all of the items listed on Sierra’s required carpenter’s hand tool list
- Willing and able to perform specific assigned tasks in a set amount of time while paying attention to detail and quality
Position Experience and Education
- Any combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying.
- Experience – Preferred three (3) years experience in concrete form work which demonstrates possession of the knowledge and abilities listed above.
- Education – High school graduation is desirable.
Please email email@example.com or apply here: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/224423?appsource=veteranjoblistings