Who We Are/What We Do
Here at Design Foundry, we engineer events and handcraft experiences. From concept and design, to production and execution, we partner with clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible and build moments that transform vision into reality. At our core, we are group of creative individuals with a mission to move people by delivering good, honest design, and transformative experiences.
Categories of What We Do:
Annual Meetings and Conferences
Gala and Fundraisers
Brand and Sponsorship Activations
We are looking to add to our growing On-Site Crew to assist with the installation and strike of scenic and décor elements for our events. The ideal candidate has a ‘jack of all trades’ background with experience in or knowledge of scenic construction, and a general knowledge of the installation and rigging of scenic materials. Ability to work well in teams, multitask, take direction, and problem solve, will be important qualities to have for this role.
- Assist in the installation and breakdown of a variety of scenic and décor items, including but not limited to: staging, truss, pipe and drape, rigging, scenic carpentry, furniture build and carpet install.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60lbs.
- Requires flexible hours, but schedule can be negotiated with notice. Ability to work late nights, early mornings and/or weekends.
- Basic carpentry skills
- Works well and fast under pressure
- Willingness to learn and work with a team
- Valid Driver's License and/or reliable transportation and communication a must.
- Compensation commensurate with experience starting at $18/hour.
- Minimum shifts of 4 hour-minimum guaranteed.
- Send resume and cover letter to Michelle, Staffing Manager
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Hyattsville, MD 20785 and Washington DC Metro area