"We Are Builders. We create jobs and careers by building products that excite us – and that others are pleased to buy. We do this in a manner in which our parents and our children would be proud.” – Clif McKenzie, Watson CEO
Surrounded by towering Douglas Firs, our fully integrated manufacturing and administrative offices tread softly on a 34 acre apple orchard in the Puget Sound Region. Watson is one of the few thriving West Coast furniture manufacturers still in existence today. We design and build agile workplace solutions for some of the largest, most dynamic companies in the world and have done so for over half a century. We make each product in our manufacturing facility with methods rivaling the best. Watson designs are user driven and delivered with a modern environmental sensibility.
The Manager of Field Operations is a critically important and strategically significant leadership role at Watson. The Manager of Field Operations is responsible for overseeing on-site delivery, installation and service activities. The Manager of Field Operations contributes to the revenue and profit performance of the company by establishing, maintaining and constantly improving very high standards and clear processes to deliver the best service experience in the industry.
The Manager of Field Operations provides leadership to the Installation Leads and trains third-party installers to certification standards. A key part of this job is to network, recruit and establish strong working relationships with potential leads and regionally based service teams.
The Field Operations Manager cultivates and maintains excellent cross functional relationships with Sales Managers, Sales Reps, Account Coordinators and Operations staff to ensure that all processes are operating effectively and communication is fluid.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & JOB DUTIES:
Leadership and team building:
- Create and communicate a compelling vision surrounding the on-site service experience.
- Recruit, train/onboard and excite team members. Hold team to highest levels of performance and accountability.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with Sales Managers, Sales Reps, and third-party vendor/partners.
- Develop metrics and create quarterly service reports to be shared with team and leadership.
- Conduct team and third-party training semi-annually.
- Must exhibit critical thinking abilities in high pressure situations.
- Develop clear standards of excellence for on-site performance that incorporate best practices for furniture assembly and a customer focused mindset
- Identify and contribute to the development of training materials and customer forms
- Triage live installation challenges including troubleshooting product and live-cutover installations.
- Seek and implement process improvements that will increase efficiency, drive revenue, and enhance profit without compromising the client experience.
- Serve as the point of contact for live installations and service calls.
Client Experience (build Watson loyalty through a personal touch)
- Work closely with the Sales Operations manager and other cross functional partners to identify adjustments to the in-person client experience.
- Identify opportunities to expand service offering through innovative service products that contribute to enhanced customer operations.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Developing Direct Reports: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Managing Through Systems: Can design practices, processes, and procedures which allow managing from a distance; is comfortable letting things manage themselves without intervening; can make things work through others without being there; can impact people and results remotely.
- 5 years of Service industry experience with track record of managing teams
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of revenue generating activities and basic operational cost structures
- Ability to effectively utilize software tools to monitor performance and communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendor relationships and negotiate job prices and timelines
- Patience and the desire to ensure each client feels like a top priority by providing the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 75% of time)
Submit applications to www.watsonfurniture.com/careers under the Current Positions link. Applications will only be processed through our website.
Watson's an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Watson will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.