Providence is calling a Cook (0.85 FTE, Rotating/Variable) to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
In this position, you will:
• Provide courteous, friendly food service to patients, employees, visitors, and physicians by preparing hot and cold food items on the grill or fryer, according to recipes and menu request, using designated and appropriate food service equipment.
• Comply with department standards and uses knowledge of proper food handling techniques.
• Set up, stock, and clean service areas.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Health Department Food Handlers Certificate within the first 2 weeks of employment
• Knowledge and skills of cooking techniques, grill operation, and abilities typically acquired through on the job training, formal culinary arts program, military apprentice program -or-
• 1-2 years of experience as a cook or short order cook
• Ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to follow recipes and read orders
• Experience in team environment with common goals
• Ability to meet physical and mental demands of the position
• Ability to work in a busy work environment
• Ability to prepare food items for patients outside of the printed menu
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 170037.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.