The Registered Nurse is responsible for guiding and supervising assigned nursing personnel in delivering patient care. The RN will collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals in the delivery of patient care. Assume responsibility for management of a selected case load of patients as defined by the clinical practice area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs assessments and data collection in an ongoing and systemic manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, psycho social and cognitive status
- Responsible for performing face to face and phone triage. Assesses patients’ medical and behavioral health urgency and determine care needs based upon presented symptoms and department standards of care
- Assesses and document conditions, wound status, cardiopulmonary status, neurological status, skin integrity, and vital signs. Ensure patient's rights are upheld as by the compliance committee and officer
- Establishes measurable patient-centered outcomes with patient, family and other disciplines.
- Seeks participation of patient and significant others in care. Contacts patient for appropriate follow-up
- Utilizes knowledge of dosage calculations, indications, actions, routes, and side effects for proper administration of medications. Obtains appropriate consents before administration of vaccines/other medications as appropriate
- Exhibits an understanding of infection control principles and universal precautions when changing sterile dressings, injections, or performing any procedure that required sterile techniques
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of Nursing intervention and teaching by patient’s response to teaching measures, behavior outcomes, knowledge base/understanding and/or skill demonstration and ongoing reinforcement of educational process
- Promotes working within a team based culture, promoting top of license care in a collaborative, integrated environment to address the medical, mental and social determinants of health impacting patients' overall well-being.
Education: Must have a current Registered Nurse Connecticut State Licensure. CPR certification required.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year Clinic experience is highly desirable.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Loan Forgiveness Program through the National Health Service Corps
- Free Parking
If interested contact Alicia Mehrer at Amehrer@cornellscott.org or (203)503-3264.